Disclaimer: they can be addictive.
Tortas de aceite is a quite traditional Spanish sweet, and there is a brand that makes the best ones: Ines Rosales.
This recipe gets quite close to the originals
Tortas de Aceite Ines Rosales (Anise Flatcakes) Thermomix
Recipe for anise flat cakes, tortas de aceite with Thermomix
- 100 grams Olive Oil
- 1/2 Lemon peel
- 2 tbsp Anise/aniseed
- 360 grams Flour
- 20 grams Fresh yeast
- 140 grams Water
- 40 grams Anise liqueur (anisette, anis, pastis, ouzo, sambuca…)
- 2 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 30 grams Sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 100 grams sugar
- Add to the thermomix bowl the olive oil with the lemon peel and program 5 min, 100º and speed 1. Once finished, add the aniseed, remove the lemon peel and let it cook down.
- When the oil has cooled down, Dissolve the yeast in water and add to the bowl together with the remaining ingredients. 5 min on kneading function
- Let the dough rise until it doubles the volume
- Divide the dough in 16 balls. Flatten them with your hands and then with a rolling pin until achieving thin round portions. Sprinkle sugar on both sides of the cake and place in a baking tray, trying to shape them as round as possible.
- Bake in batches for 10 min in a preheated over at 220º
- Let them cool in a rack