They are a soft, lemony piece of heaven!
They are similar to the french cousin madeleine, but they have no butter, only olive oil.
Breakfast in Spain is many times just a coffee or hot chocolate with a couple magdalenas. You can buy them at every super market, but it does not compare to the home-made version.
Magdalenas with olive oil (Thermomix)
- 210 g white flour
- 10 g baking powder
- 3 medium eggs
- 175 g sugar
- 60 g milk
- 190 g olive oil
- 1 lemon peel
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- Put in the Thermomix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and the lemon peel. Mix on progressive speed 5-10. Put on a separate bowl
- Put the butterfly on and add eggs and sugar. Mix during 3 min at 37º, speed 3.5. Once done, program again 3 min, speed 3.5
- Add the milk, oil and salt and mix 10 seconds on speed 2. Take out the butterfly.
- Add the flour with the rest of the ingredients in the bowl from step 1 and mix 15 seconds on speed 3. Finalise mixing with a spatula by hand and let the dough rest in the fridge for at least 1 hour or until the next day.
- Pre-heat the over at 250
- Mix slightly the dough from the fridge and pour on muffin paper cases placed inside a muffin form. Place it in the oven, lower the temperature to 210 and bake for 14-16 min.
Resting the dough makes a lot of difference:
1 hour resting
Vs 4 hour rest