I love persimmons and I love chocolate, what could go wrong?
There are a few recipes of similar desserts going around Spanish blogs which divide the audience between fans and haters of this gluten-free, sugar-free dessert. I LOVE it.
Persimmon chocolate custard
- 500 g Persimmon Ripe, needs to be sweet
- 40 g Unsweetened Cocoa
- 125 g Quark cheese Can be substituted by yogurt, but yogurt flavor is more acidic
- Peel the Persimmon and add to the blender with the cacao and quark cheese (Thermomix in my case)
- Blend until you have a smooth puree. For Thermomix 30 seconds speed 5, then stir it with the spatula and blend 1 min progressive speed 5 to 10.
- Pour in Individual cups and let it rest for at least one hour in the fridge.
Quoting my google search: “When persimmons are beaten to a pulp, tannins form complexes with carbohydrates, causing the pulp to stiffen to a gel-like consistency.” So this custard does not require any flour, eggs or cooking to thicken, just the fridge.