In my trip to Brazil I could not stop eating this little chewy cheesy rolls. They got me totally addicted, so of course I needed to find a recipe to replicate!
This trip help me discover a lot of flavors that I had not tried before, the thousand uses of tapioca and the great restaurants like Oro.
I will update with a more complete post, even though we did this trip a while ago already!
Meanwhile here is the Pao de queijo recipe:
Thermomix Pao de Queijo
- 100 g Cheese cut in pieces In my case parmigiano
- 200 g milk
- 100 g vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 250 g tapioca starch
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Put the cheese in the bowl and grate 10 sec / speed 9. Remove and set aside.
- Put the milk, oil and salt in the bowl and cook 5 min / 90 ° C / speed 1.
- Add starch and mix for 20 sec / level 6. Let it cool to 50 ° C.
- Add the eggs and the reserved cheese and mix 2 min / dough mode.
- Wrap with spatula and mash 1 min / dough mode. Remove and let the dough stand for about 10 minutes.
- With the help of an ice cream scoop or two spoons make small balls of dough, arrange in the baking sheet and bake at 180 ° C for about 25 minutes. Serve it hot.