I never thought that making yogurt could be so easy! The only thing is that for this recipe I’ve used a gadget that not many people had, a sous vide.
It goes well with honey or a fruit coulis (it is a good plain yogurt).
Sous Vide Yogurt
- sous vide
- 400 g Milk Full fat will give a creamier yogurt
- 20 g Yogurt With live cultures, either bought of from a previous batch
- Set up the sousvide to 43 C
- Heat up the milk until it reaches 82 C, stir while it heats up. Then remove from the heat and let it cool until the temperature drops to 43 C
- Mix the yogurt with the milk stirring well, and place in canning jars closing adequately. I used Weck individual glasses.
- Put the glasses in the 43 C water bath, and set timer to 5 hours.
- Put the yogurt into the fridge for several hours to cool down.