This is another one of my “What’s in the fridge and cupboard” creations.
I used Garam masala, which is a blend of ground spices common in cuisines from the Indian subcontinent. It is used alone or with other seasonings. The word garam refers to “heating the body” in the Ayurvedic sense of the word, as these spices are believed to elevate body temperature in Ayurvedic medicine [Wikipedia]
I try to avoid dairy (I’m slightly intolerant) so this curry has coconut milk instead of yogur.
Which makes it vegan and also delicious!
Cauliflower and Chickpea curry
- 1 can of chickpeas or 250g, 9 oz cooked chickpeas
- 1 can of tomatoes 🍅 400g, 14oz
- 1 can of coconut milk. 400g, 14oz
- Half a cauliflower if small 1 cauliflower
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion
- Salt garam masala and cumin
- Coconut oil or Olive oil
- Cut onion and pepper thinly and fry in a bit of oil until soft.
- Add the garam masala a stir for about a min
- Cut the cauliflower in florets and incorporate
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for 20- 25 min, or until the cauliflower is done.
Serve with some boiled rice or bread and enjoy!