Broccoli is a super food, full of fiber, antioxidants and vitamin C. I used to strongly dislike it, until I discovered other ways to eat it than just plain boiled (and overcooking it)
This recipe is perfect to make ahead, or to take to lunch to work.
Delicious and nutritious!
Broccoli and bacon Salad
- 1 head Broccoli
- 200 g Bacon
- Sliced Almonds
- Olive Oil
- Cut the broccoli in florets and the stalk thinly sliced.
- Fry the bacon bits until they are crunchy. Set aside[Thermomix] Add the bacon on the bowl, set 5 min, 100 degrees, speed 1.5 reverse turn. Set aside.
- Steam for 5-10 min (will depend on how big you cut the broccoli pieces). It is ready when is bright green and still has a bit of crunch.[Thermomix] Place the broccoli in the Varoma, put 1 litter of water in the bowl and set for 15 min, Varoma temperature, speed 1.
- Mix all the salad ingredients, you can choose whether you want more or less raisins or almonds.
- Make a simple salad dressing, 3 parts olive oil, 1 part of vinegar plus salt pepper (and optional half a teaspoon of honey. Mix this in a jar and then shake it vigorously. It emulsionates the vinaigrette and makes a big difference