Baba ghanoush or eggplant dip
I do love hummus, but Baba ghanoush is the king of dips for me. It has a similar flavour to hummus, but lighter texture and is lower on carbs (which is great for those on Paleo or low carb diets). Perfect to dip carrots, celery or pita bread.
- 2 big eggplants
- 50 ml Olive oil 0.20 cups
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- all ingredients can be adjusted to taste
Roast the eggplant in the oven, or in the grill, or in the slow cooker until tender.
– Grill: it tastes smokier with fire, so this is the preferred option. Put the eggplant on the grill, turning it for about 30-40 min or until totally tender.
– Oven: roast for 20 to 30 min (190 degrees C 375 degrees F) until totally tender
– Slow cooker or crockpot: Cut them in half and roast them in crock pot 4 hours on high.
After the eggplants are cooled down a bit, remove the skin and blend together with the rest of the ingredients in a food processor or Thermomix (30 sec speed 5-10).